Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Amber ligth on MS60

iamgeorge
Guide

Amber ligth on MS60

Hi,

When i sync between my MR60(router) and MS60(satellite) of my MK62, If both of them are placed near, then both of them will show blue light. But when i keep my satellite in a differenct area of my home(range is available in this area), the satellite is showing amber light. I tried wired backhaul using rj45 running between router and satellite, but still it shows amber, but sometimes shows blue.

What is this problem?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Amber ligth on MS60

Hello,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Priceawolowitz
Initiate

NetGear products made recently have been horrible and are no longer at the same level as they used to be. On top of that paying for the additional NetGear support has been completely useless and support never has the answers. All the new WiFi6 mesh products have the same underlying problem where the satellites fail to communicate with the router and the connection fails. This problem is known to NetGear in both the Nighthawk and Orbi products but they do not have an answer and con you into buying their extended “worthless” support.
Message 3 of 4
JoseEC
Initiate

I have the MK62 Product (MR60 and MS60).

I was able to solve this by unplugging and replugging the MS60 satellite into the power outlet, then inserting a pin into the hole on the back of the satellite to do a Hard Reset.

The satellite came on with a blinking white LED, then it changed to amber for 1 minute, then it went to blue.

Can you try this and see if it solves your issue?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7