Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

CONNECTING TO ROOMBA 960

VorisJ
Tutor

CONNECTING TO ROOMBA 960

I cannot get my Roomba to connect with my MR60 Nighthawk mesh wifi 6  router. The Roomba needs to connect to 2.4GH and Roomba tech support thinks it's only picking up the 5.0GH. Is there a way I can make it connect to 2.4GH?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
VorisJ
Tutor

Re: CONNECTING TO ROOMBA 960

Got it working. I deleted and reinstalled the app. It connected and finished the installation process.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Here again, also the Roomba 960 does have a 2.4GHz only interface, why should it even try to connect to the 5 GHz radio? 

Considering both radios and the LAN ports on the Nighthawk Mesh system connect to the very same L2 network, ask thier support why it could make a difference if the phone running the discover/config App does come to that L2 network over 5 GHz (or is even on another access point) - this is the "it's only picking up the 5.0GHz" part (their support needs to learn reding their product specs!) - while the IoT device does connect to 2.4 GHz only - this is the "make it connect to 2.4GHz". Everything is perfeclty L2 transparent on the [W]LAN side, as it's ONE NETWORK, the communication is fully transparent.

There is no reason why an App should ask to connect the mobile to the router 2.4 GHz interface...

Message 2 of 6
VorisJ
Tutor

A lot of what you said went over my head, lol. I’m a little savvy, but I get to a point where it says you are connected to the Roomba, please use the app to continue setup. Then after waiting, I get a could not connect. It won’t go any further.
Message 3 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Doesn't the App (or the support) state the mobile device with the App must be connected to the 2.4 GHz radio?

Message 4 of 6
VorisJ
Tutor

It doesn’t, but tech support told me the Roomba will only connect to 2.4GH. During setup is ask if I want to join the roomba’s network. I select join and then it says connected to Roomba. As it keeps going, it says there was a problem could not connect and retry. Even rebooted the Roomba to factory settings. Now before I got the new WiFi mesh, it use to work on my old router and WiFi.
Message 5 of 6
VorisJ
Tutor

Got it working. I deleted and reinstalled the app. It connected and finished the installation process.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7