Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Can I use the AX1800 (MK63) Nighthawk with my Nighthawk RAX35 to expand my WiFi coverage area?

jsam1951
Follower

Can I use the AX1800 (MK63) Nighthawk with my Nighthawk RAX35 to expand my WiFi coverage area?

I own a Netgear Nighthawk AX3000 WiFi Router (RAX35) and wanted to know if I purchase a Dual-band AX1800 3-Pack (MK63) Nighthawk Dual-Band WiFi 6 Mesh System 1.8Gbps Router + 2 Satellites, will it increase the coverage area within my home? I have AT&T Gigabit Fiber Service but the Modem is installed within a metal cabinet for the cable/internet connections. The metal cover and housing seems to cut down on the signal strength. I have a couple of Ethernet runs in the house that if I connect my RAX35 to the hardwired ethernet jack and then connect the AX1800 to the RAX35, would that then provide for additional coverage in the house by putting the two satellites at two opposite ends? I don't want to spend the money for the AX1800 if it won't be compatible with my RAX35. I just need additional wifi coverage for streaming without buffering all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can I use the AX1800 (MK63) Nighthawk with my Nighthawk RAX35 to expand my WiFi coverage area?

Hello jsam1951, 

We recommend that the MR60 is in access point mode when connecting it to another router. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7