Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Can Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh router ethernet port be connected to a switch, to connect more devices

jaycamcat
Aspirant

Can Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh router ethernet port be connected to a switch, to connect more devices?

I have a Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh router. It only has 1 hardwired ethernet port to be used as a backhaul to 1 satellite, or to another client  device.

Can I instead plug a switch into that router's ethernet port and connect more hardwired clients to the router?

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh router ethernet port be connected to a switch, to connect more devi...

Hi jaycamcat, 

We have received some feedback from others that they have successfully accomplished this. Give it a go and let us know!

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Dennyi
Tutor

Re: Can Nighthawk Wifi 6 Mesh router ethernet port be connected to a switch, to connect more devices

Yes.  I have mine that way. 

Message 3 of 6
ColinHyams
Aspirant

Can you show how I cable this up please. I have my wifi linked by internet into the Nighthawk Mest. Do I link the router to the ethernet port?

Message 4 of 6
Dennyi
Tutor

You must already have a Cat-5 cable running into the internet port of the MR60, router.

That leaves the Ethernet port open on the MR60.  Simply run a cat-5 (or Cat6) ethernet cable from the Ethernet port of the router to an open port on your ethernet switch.

Message 5 of 6
Dennyi
Tutor

Your other devices plug into the other ports on the switch.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7