Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Can't connect with Netgear app because network name was previously changed (nighthawk mesh wifi 6)

matt7thom
Follower

Can't connect with Netgear app because network name was previously changed (nighthawk mesh wifi 6)

My mesh router was setup previously and I changed the network name and password from the defaults. Now after moving, and setting up a new network, with a new mobile device, the Netgear app insists I connect to NETGEAR14, but it's not available, I only have the network name I previously used.

I think I should do a factory reset with a paperclip. Is that the solution?
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't connect with Netgear app because network name was previously changed (nighthawk mesh wi...

Hell matt7thom,

Correct! I would suggest performing a factory reset and running through the setup assistant again. 

Regards,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't connect with Netgear app because network name was previously changed (nighthawk mesh wi...

Hell matt7thom,

Correct! I would suggest performing a factory reset and running through the setup assistant again. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7