Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: DHCP, IPV6 and Debugging on MR60

jomonugget
Aspirant

DHCP, IPV6 and Debugging on MR60

Wondering if there's a more detailed way to log the MR60/MS60 daily functions and erros etc. For debugging purposes mainly. Other than the provided log under Administration---> Logs. I have been having some issues with the routers DHCP service, it advertises the same IPv4 to different devices causing one of them to go offline. I found that assigning Static IP's kinda solved the issue except that every now and then the Router will attempt to assign an IP out of the specified range. The log show repeated attempts of DHCP IP 192.xxx.xxx.xxx to MAC XX:XX:XX:XX:XX at etc time date. My question is why is the router repeatedly assigning this IP to this device when the typical lease should be good for a long time? The attempts happen one after the other within seconds apart. On a smart TV it was happening and it would disconnect from the WIFI and reconnect. The TV had its board and wifi card replaced only to then notice it was happening on other devices the same way. Another symptom I have had is the device has a valid IP address but cannot access the internet, but other devices are working properly. It seems that a power cycle to the router fixes everything, is this normal? or should I upgrade to a different router? Lastly even with the Routers IPv6 service it works after a power cycle and shortly some hours later its just not working anymore, I havce centurylink configured everything to their requirements but nothing. I know some routers you can access a developer mode by Telneting into them wonder if somehting similar would be available to the MR60. My firmware version is V1.0.6.116_2.0.54 on a MR60 Nighthawk Mesh Router and Satellites MS60. 

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
jomonugget
Aspirant

After dealing with this issue for awhile I finally gave up and purchased a different brand router/switch combo. The new device hasn’t given me any issues for the last 2 months of use. DHCP is no longer a problem and IPv6 actually works. But I tried everything from factory resetting it to updating them, I think this routers firmware is not ready for prime time but who knows.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

See if there is a debug page for the MR at 192.168.1.1\debug.htm in a browser

Message 2 of 9
Bologna526
Aspirant

However, it's acceptable data. Perusing from proficient music creators is a really satisfying encounter however in light of the fact that they have staff to assist with piles of examination, altering, and so forth.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 3 of 9
jacklincarter
Aspirant

That's great to see this type of information...

tellhappystar.com

Message 4 of 9
jomonugget
Aspirant

The ONT is a Adtran Total Access 352 Part number:1287702g1. I haven't had the time to fully use the features on the debugging page of the MR60 Nighthawk to further investigate the issue. My set up is ONT to MR60 Router there's not other device in between. 

Message 5 of 9
tellhappystar
Aspirant

TellHappyStar is nothing but an official Customer feedback survey at www.tellhappystar.com conducted by Hardee’s® Carl’s Jr. ®. The main reason for conducting tellhappystar survey is to know how the customer feels about the services provided by the company. 

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Might try updating FW and see:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MK6x-series-MR60-MS60-FW-v1-1-6-122-Relea...

If you do, update the MS first then MR lastly. 

@jomonugget wrote:

The ONT is a Adtran Total Access 352 Part number:1287702g1. I haven't had the time to fully use the features on the debugging page of the MR60 Nighthawk to further investigate the issue. My set up is ONT to MR60 Router there's not other device in between. 

Message 7 of 9
jomonugget
Aspirant

After dealing with this issue for awhile I finally gave up and purchased a different brand router/switch combo. The new device hasn’t given me any issues for the last 2 months of use. DHCP is no longer a problem and IPv6 actually works. But I tried everything from factory resetting it to updating them, I think this routers firmware is not ready for prime time but who knows.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7