Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6
Highlighted
Follower

Devices on mk62[mr60 and ms60] become invisible to each other

I have two google homes, a chromecast, two phones, and a desktop connected to my network. The desktop is the only one wired. On occasion, the LAN seems to be split into two networks for my devices because they will stay connected to the internet, but half of the devices aren't able to communicate to the other devices. For example, phone 1 could communicate to google home 1 and the chromecast, while phone 2 could only communicate to google home 2. The nighthawk app still shows all of the devices as connected (although it never shows my phone as a device) but pinging the other devices from my phone returned the error "Destination Unreachable". And this issue will happen 1-3 times a day for an hour or several hours.

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Devices on mk62[mr60 and ms60] become invisible to each other

Hello Bradster,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd like for our support team to reach out for further assistance. Please send me a message with your contact info and serial number. 

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Initiate

Came here searching if I was the only one with this issue. I have 3 Chromecast and 2 phones (Android and iPhone). Sometimes one of the Chromecast won't connect to wifi at all. And if connected I am unable to cast anything. The issue is random, it can be any Chromecast and any phone. Earlier I had ISP provided router which ran flawless except that it didn't reach with enough strength in some rooms. The mesh wifi 6 is having good strength but this Chromecast issue is painful
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

i have the same issue. the problem is the satellite. if you turn off the satellite everything works fine. the sad thing is it cuts off my yard. i have a case open but no fix so far.
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Initiate

I just gave up and ended returning the system. What's the point of mesh system if I have to keep satellites disconnected
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

they sent me new satellite and do far that one is working fine. what ever was wrong with mine had to be hardware and would also explain why so few folks have posted on this issue.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Aspirant

Same issue with two MK63 (mine and a friend kits). Chromecast and Google Home speakers became unavailable for casting.

Each Google Home can talk with their respective Chromecast, the one right on the same room.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements