Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Help with best mesh system and still have features of advanced router

johnc847
Tutor

Help with best mesh system and still have features of advanced router

Can someone help guide me to which solution would be better? Using a Nighthawk X6 Router with a X4S Tri-Band Wifi Mesh Extender, or would I be better off using an Orbi. My issue is getting faster internet to a room that's an office. I have this solution up and running right now but want to see if it was the best or if I should change to something else?
Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender, R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Help with best mesh system and still have features of advanced router

Is it the BEST? No. 

is it good enough for what you're doing? tough to tell of you're limited info. 

the EX7500 is a solid wireless extender but still functions off a 866mbps backhaul and is only 1 extender. 

The BEST orbi's use a 2400mbps backhaul. and can have multiple satellites for more coverage. 

So again, is it the best? No. 

What exact performance goals are you looking to reach in the office area? 

Sometimes using a moca adapter, a powerline adapter, or even running ethernet are better options than dropping a lot of money on the best. 

Message 2 of 5
johnc847
Tutor

Performance goals I'm wanting are a solid non interrupted connection and about 500 down speed wise which I'm getting just haven't had long enough to see how stable the connection is going to be.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

The triband extenders are pretty stable and fast. Much better than dual/single band extenders or the dual band mesh systems. 

As a single unit, I'd put them on par with the triband orbis. When you're needing more than 1 extender though, its better to go with something like orbi. 

Message 4 of 5
johnc847
Tutor

Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7