Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: HomePod Mini Not working on MR60 Mesh WHEN Satellites are NOT Plugged in

Suggymoto
Aspirant

Thanks. Can firmware be rolled back to a previously known good version? I see they’re there to download.
Message 101 of 121
Arkhyle
Tutor

Yes you can roll back
Message 102 of 121
Arkhyle
Tutor

When you upgrade/downgrade, always do it satellite first, router after:

103 beta for MR60 https://ntgr.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/300000000xsV/a/0y00000056JP/J38PBLjMmRLFiBA.rZ3qMk516lZy0vHSpvB...

103 beta for MS60:
https://ntgr.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/300000000xsV/a/0y00000056JQ/68c76CRT0ugwEUuOpPyVBJVosFw8z36VQqT...

According to their support the fix should come in next firmware, in between you can try this.
Message 103 of 121
McRip2012
Aspirant

@Arkhyle wrote:
According to their support the fix should come in next firmware,

This would be really good news!

Message 104 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

It is a few updates back from the curret one, so it used to work before? I never had it work fo me for the last year... See what happens...

Current Firmware Version:
V1.0.6.116_2.0.54

Uploaded Version:
V1.0.6.103_21.3.3

Message 105 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

The instructions say do ROUTER first the SATILITE on the ADMIN update page - why ackwards?

Message 106 of 121
jaymz69
Apprentice

WOW! Everytime I update them  (AND I have disabled auto firmaware update and Applied) somehow they ALL keep updateing back to v.116 , I cannot keep the router or the satilites (2 each) on the v.103 for the FW, they keep updateing back to v.116 eventhough I have auto  disabled.

It just keeps getting better, I really need to just throw these away and invest in the Eero ones, I see they work with Apple Homekit too. Better App from what my friend shows me too. Cut my loss and lesson learnend with Netgear.

Message 107 of 121
jimjohn101
Aspirant

I downgraded to this yesterday and my homepods have worked perfectly since, thanks for sharing!

Message 108 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you happen to have a upstream router by chance in front of the MR? 

@jaymz69 wrote:

WOW! Everytime I update them  (AND I have disabled auto firmaware update and Applied) somehow they ALL keep updateing back to v.116 , I cannot keep the router or the satilites (2 each) on the v.103 for the FW, they keep updateing back to v.116 eventhough I have auto  disabled.

It just keeps getting better, I really need to just throw these away and invest in the Eero ones, I see they work with Apple Homekit too. Better App from what my friend shows me too. Cut my loss and lesson learnend with Netgear.

Message 109 of 121
brendanc
Tutor

I just installed version 122 today, which includes in the release notes "Fixed AirPlay issue while iPhone/iPad and Apple TV are connected to the same node, either MR60 or MS60." So far its been working!

MR60 (Mesh Router)  : https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MR60-V1.1.6.122_2.0.58.zip

MS60 (Mesh Satellite): https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MK62/MS60-V1.1.6.122_2.0.58.zip

Message 110 of 121
Suggymoto
Aspirant

Thanks for this. Unfortunately it hasnt resolved my issue. Back to the drawing board. I'll look into roling back the firmware I think.

Message 111 of 121
brendanc
Tutor

Did you upgrade the Satellite first? In my circumstance, I have the Satellite connected wirelessly. I have one Homepod which is close to the router and a Homepod mini close to the Satellite. Airplay would work intermittently to the HomePod but never work for the Homepod mini. If I turned off the Satellite, I could get Airplay to work with the downside that wifi coverage didn't extend through to all rooms it needed to. Seperately, I also have an AirPrint capable printer that would only work with the Satellite disconnected.

With this latest firmware, both Airplay and Airprint work with the Satellite powered on. 

Message 112 of 121

How did you update the software.

Also today I saw that AirPlay to a printer won’t work either.
Message 113 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to factory reset the MS and MR and setup from scratch after upating FW. 

@Suggymoto wrote:

Thanks for this. Unfortunately it hasnt resolved my issue. Back to the drawing board. I'll look into roling back the firmware I think.

Message 114 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/New-MK6x-series-MR60-MS60-FW-v1-1-6-122-Relea...

@DariosaurusRex wrote:
How did you update the software.

Also today I saw that AirPlay to a printer won’t work either.

Message 115 of 121
bollee23
Tutor

On my side, it seems that the new FW has fixed the issue with Homepod mini.

I will monitor this in the coming days, but for the first time I could transfer music from my iPhone to the Homepod mini Smiley Happy

Message 116 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 117 of 121
GregCro
Guide

I have just updated my satellite and router to Version 1.1.6.122. Haven't been on here in a few weeks, but I spent over an hour on the phone with netgear stupport essentially helping them collect logs and bug fix. They then sounded pissed off when I wasn't able to answer the phone during the work day! To top it off they called multiple times on Thanksgiving day 😕

Going to see if Version 1.1.6.122 fixes things. Does anyone know of a good way to check if the homepod minis are connected to the router or the satellite? For me that would be the critical test to show it's working, but as of now I don't know how to verify if they're connected to the router or satellite. Thanks!

Greg

Message 118 of 121
jeremeep
Initiate

Airplay was intermittently working on 1.1.16.122 but might have resolved it by turning on MU MIMO in advanced - wireless settings.
Message 119 of 121
TroyCo
Tutor

Ive tested V1.1.6.122 for a few days. It does make the Airplay system work with multiple homePods but it has introduced a new issue.

Normally when you say "Hey Siri" and you have two or more homepods within earshot, the one that picks up your voice the clearest takes the command. 

THis update now causes all homepods (within earshot) to execute the command indepentantly - for example, if you said "Hey Siri play some music", both homepods would each start playing random music.

Message 120 of 121
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe space the homepods farther appart? 

@TroyCo wrote:

Ive tested V1.1.6.122 for a few days. It does make the Airplay system work with multiple homePods but it has introduced a new issue.

Normally when you say "Hey Siri" and you have two or more homepods within earshot, the one that picks up your voice the clearest takes the command. 

THis update now causes all homepods (within earshot) to execute the command indepentantly - for example, if you said "Hey Siri play some music", both homepods would each start playing random music.

Message 121 of 121
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7