Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

How do I change the cell phone number for two step verification? I have an MK62 mesh system.

longhid
Follower

How do I change the cell phone number for two step verification? I have an MK62 mesh system.

I have a new cell phone with a new number.  I can't figure out how to change the number used in two step verification.  I've tried going into Accoun Management on the app  and deleting the SMS text message setting (my old cell number) by swiping left and selecting remove device but it won't save the deletion (clicking save does nothing).  My new phone is the only device listed under trusted devices.

App Version: 2.10.5.17

Firmware: V1.0.6.110

Model M60

ios 14.7

Message 1 of 3
in2ndo
Apprentice

Re: How do I change the cell phone number for two step verification? I have an MK62 mesh system.

Since this is supposed to be a security feature. I would think that it has to be deleted on the original phone. Or it would defeat the purpose of this security feature. Are either of the numbers labeled primary? If the old number is . See if you can change the primary label to the new number. I doubt it do. Again. That would defeat the purpose of the security feature.
Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do I change the cell phone number for two step verification? I have an MK62 mesh system.

Hello longhid & in2ndo,

Can you send me a private message with the following info and I'll have our support team assist. 

Email:

Old Phone Number:

New Phone Number:

Router Serial Number:

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation