Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Is Mesh Wifi compatible with AirCard Smart Cradle?

Atlas2020
Tutor

Is Mesh Wifi compatible with AirCard Smart Cradle?

Hi

I have a Netgear AirCard Smart Cradle with Telstra mobile 4G Wifi fitted - which holds the sim card.

For some reason in last 3 months the wifi just stopped reaching throughout my home - which was previously OK with a Netgear extender (WN3500RP).

I was researching Mesh Wifi which looks like it might be helpful, however I can't find how (or if it is possible) to connect this with existing wifi.  The installation instructions only refer to connecting to a modem that connects to a wall plug.

We don't have ADSL or NBN.  We just have 4G wifi.

Can the Nighthawk Mesh System (MK63) connect into the Smart Cradle to use the Telstra Wifi?

Thanks in advance!

Model: DC112A|AirCard Smart Cradle
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Is Mesh Wifi compatible with AirCard Smart Cradle?

sorry, typing to fast. The DC112A cradle (if thats what you have) should have ethernet ports to connect the MK system to. 

If the aircard is in router mode though, you'll need the MK system in access point mode. Or you'd need to put the aircard in passthrough mode

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the smart cradle should have usb ports on the back of it to connect devices to it. 

You should be able to connect the MK62/3 system to it with the mk60 router ran in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 5
Atlas2020
Tutor

Thanks for taking the time to respond, however although the cradle does have a USB port, the MK63 router doesn't have any USB ports. I'm not sure that it is possible to connect USB to Ethernet port 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

sorry, typing to fast. The DC112A cradle (if thats what you have) should have ethernet ports to connect the MK system to. 

If the aircard is in router mode though, you'll need the MK system in access point mode. Or you'd need to put the aircard in passthrough mode

Message 4 of 5
Atlas2020
Tutor

Thank you, @plemans !

By making the router from MK System into an access point, this seems to have worked well.

Much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7