Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Is it possible to set up R700 as master in a Mesh using the ethernet backhaul with MK62?

gsantosoliver
Aspirant

Is it possible to set up R700 as master in a Mesh using the ethernet backhaul with MK62?

Greatings from Brazil,

I have a R7000 and I need to extend my wifi. Is it possible to set it up as master in a Mesh configuration with MK62 using the ethernet Backhaul? How can that be set up? r7000 cable to the "MK62 router" and another cable from R7000 to the MK62 "satellite"?
  How about the wifi? Would the wifi-6 work since r7000 is AC or would the whole wi-fi be limited to AC? 

Thanks 
Gilson

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5
gsantosoliver
Aspirant

Re: Is it possible to set up R700 as master in a Mesh using the ethernet backhaul with MK62?

the right model is R7000 (R seven thousand -> https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/routers/r7000/)

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Is it possible to set up R700 as master in a Mesh using the ethernet backhaul with MK62?

Would it integrate to the system? No.

could it be made to function in addition to the system? Sure.

I'd connect it and go:

R7000----->MR60 (in access point mode)------>satellites

connect the satellites either wired or wireless to the MR60

I'd also set the r7000 with a different ssid and make sure the wireless channels aren't on the same channel between MR60-r7000 to prevent interference

Message 3 of 5
gsantosoliver
Aspirant

Would this (r7000 cable to the "MK62 router" and another cable from R7000 to the MK62 "satellite") work or does it need to be a cable from R7000 to MK60 and then from there to the satellite? 

How about the wifi? Would the wifi-6 work since r7000 is AC or would the whole wi-fi be limited to AC? 

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

You'd connect the satellite to the MR60 either wired/wireless. Not to the R7000. 

The MK60 system would be its own system. seperate from the R7000

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7