Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Latest Netgear update destroyed my MR 60 router and the app

Heloyeti
Guide

Latest Netgear update destroyed my MR 60 router and the app

As of two days ago, my wifi speeds dropped by half.  Also noticed that on the app, I could no longer see devices hooked up to my router or satellite on the network map, and if I tried to test my router speed on the app it would show all zeros, and say my internet speed was moderate.  Finally, on the router login page, it wouldn't let me run a speedtest, so had to go to a seperate page.  Called "customer service" and they manually walked me through the .122 update, and for some reason they weren't pushing this out automatically.  Now my router speed is back to normal, but my satellite is showing connected and good, but is not providing any wifi upstairs.  If I do a speed test with my laptop in the office with the satellite, I get the same speeds regardles if the satellite is plugged in or not.  Spoke with Level 1 tech and Level 2 tech support two days ago, and had to upload 15 screenshots and programs and debug logs, and being told they will get back to me in 2-3 days.  Called again today and the Level 1 guy couldn't tell me if my case has been elevated to level 3 yet, and neither could the supervisor.  I could request an update from level 2 and they would call me in 24-48 hours.  Heard back from level 2 finally on Sat and they forgot to elevate my case to level 3 so now that several more days I have to wait for a "solution." So, now I wait with a satellite that doesn't work, an app that works partially, and a house with half of my normal internet speeds.  Returning this system and buying from another company is looking better and better...

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 7
Heloyeti
Guide

I posted this now for a third time, so hopefully its in the "right" place now.  This feels like the same runaround I get from customer service on the phone...

Message 3 of 7

@Heloyeti wrote:

I posted this now for a third time, so hopefully its in the "right" place now.  This feels like the same runaround I get from customer service on the phone...

Sorry about that. Some people like to live in boxes and go out of their way to clutter up this place with multiple messages when they could have started the troubleshooting process from the first message.

I would be more interested in reading a message that isn't one huge slab of indigestible text.

Forgive me if I missed it, but did you say what the modem/gateway is in front of this router?

Hope that doesn't seem like I am adding to the runaround. It could be an important detail.

Message 4 of 7
Heloyeti
Guide

Wow, could you have been any more rude in your response?  I have never used this platform before, so sorry I'm not familiar with how to post something.  Forgive me for not living up to your "standards"  and I guess I'll just return the equipment today and not bother with Netgear any longer.  Thanks for all the help.

Message 5 of 7

@Heloyeti wrote:

Wow, could you have been any more rude in your response? 

I have no idea who "you" might be. (I agree that it is rude to tell people to post somewhere else, which is why I don't do it without some explanation.) But before you switch to another brand, check what they offer in the way of customer support.

Some brands offer better phone/email support than Netgear, but none seems to maintain an extensive self-support group like this community. And third party, unaffiliated, groups are even harder to come by.

The choice is yours.

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

User need to revert to v116 FW if they run into problems with v122. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7