Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MK62 Manual updating Firmware using routerlogin returns error msg of Incorrect File

GSF
Follower
Follower

MK62 Manual updating Firmware using routerlogin returns error msg of Incorrect File

Device:  MK62  Nighthawk DualBand Mesh WiFi 6 System 2 Pack

I have attempted to install downloaded Firmware MS60-V1.0.6.116 and also

found in the download center an earlier firmware MS60-V1.0.6.110.  Extracted both .chk files and both uploaded to www.routerlogin.net resulted in error message of Incorrect File.  My current version is MS60-V1.0.6.102.  I install manually.  Are there other version(s) that need to be downloaded/installed before the other two? The routerlogin software cites the current version and seems like it should be programed to tell you the next workable updated version.  Even better to - automatically update it for you.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.                                                Note:  New to Community and hope this is right place for this post.  I purchased the MK62 in June and did not know Netgear at 91st day after purchase they would wash their hands of all support for this type of issue.  Thanking all in advance to your assistance.

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MK62 Manual updating Firmware using routerlogin returns error msg of Incorrect File

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MK62 Manual updating Firmware using routerlogin returns error msg of Incorrect File

MR and MS should be using same version of FW on each unit. You can directly update to latest if you want to. Update the MS first, then MR lastly. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7