Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MK63 Manually assign device to AP

Krackle
Follower

MK63 Manually assign device to AP

Nighthawk MR60

Like several others, I am pretty frustrated with this mesh system. Not displaying the dual ssids for 2.4 & 5ghz forces several devices to randomly drop, and is especially frustrating with smart devices & cameras. 

1) I was wondering if anyone found a way of forcing a device to connect to a specific AP? For example, would blocking a particular MAC on AP #1 & 2 force it to always connect to AP #3?

2)  Is it possible to improve the device switching speed/accuracy through any configurations? I often find that when I go from the second floor to the main floor my phone still remains connected to the upstairs AP even though the mainfloor AP is only a few feet away from me. 

Thank you in advance & apologies if these questions were repeated, I was not able to adquately find an answer. 

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: MK63 Manually assign device to AP

Hello Krackle,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements