Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MK63 Mesh

bbloom96
Aspirant

MK63 Mesh

I have an MK63 Nighthawk Mesh system connected to my Verizon G3100 Router/Modem.  I went through the automatic setup.  All devices connected to the Mesh network can get internet access, but cannot see other devices or reach printers on the network.

My Verizon LAN addresses are using 192.168.1.0 network.  The MESH network automatically selected the 10.0.0.0 network.

Is there a way to use these as an extension to the 192.168.1.0 network?  Or, is there a way to allow the 10.0.0.0 devices to see the 192.168.1.0 devices?

Brian

Message 1 of 4
knightz01
Apprentice

Re: MK63 Mesh

@bbloom96

Make sure your using your Verizon G3100 Router/Modem in Modem only mode, and the let the MR60 do the routing, it sounds like you may have double NAT?

knightz01 (Kev)

Message 2 of 4
bbloom96
Aspirant

I guess I could get a switch so I have the ports for wired PCs.  Plus I would need to figure out how to use the G1300 as a MOCA server for the MOCA devices in the network.

I was hoping to just let the MR60 control wifi and G1300 to control wired LAN by limiting DHCP addresses on each to a different range or see if its possible to let G1300 control DHCP entirely for both devices.

Message 3 of 4
knightz01
Apprentice

You could go into the MR settings / advanced / wireles AP mode and use it that way? never tried myself

knightz01 (Kev)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7