Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MK63 (router and satellite)

DeveshNatalia
Aspirant

MK63 (router and satellite)

Over the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing dropouts and high latency across my mesh network.

After speaking with Netgear support, my router firmware version is  1.1.1.122 and both satellites are on  1.1.6.124, i'm now monitoring my connections. Has anyone else experienced similar issues and were able to resolve it?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

did you try upgrading the routers firmware? 

Nighthawk MR60 | WiFi 6 System | NETGEAR Support

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Does it happen to both wired and wireless device? Or just wireless?

Message 2 of 6
DeveshNatalia
Aspirant

The MR and MS are now all on the same version 1.1.6.124 but am still getting intermittent timeouts and high latency. This is only a problem on the wireless using the Netgear MR and MS mesh AP's, wired or wireless connection into my BT modem is absolutely fine.

DeveshNatalia_0-1652601990067.png

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Is your bt modem in router mode? if so, it causes a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 4 of 6
DeveshNatalia
Aspirant

I've put the netgear system into AP mode. can you confirm which firmware i should be using across all of the devices?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

did putting it in ap mode help out? 

When you're testing are you testing wired and wireless on both the router AND the satellite? The satellite might see different values and higher ping times because its a dual band system. They don't have the dedicated wireless backhaul. And if its using 2.4ghz is much slower and sensitive to interference. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7