Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MK83 (Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 with two satellites) web interface edits wrong devices

cb73
Guide

MK83 (Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 with two satellites) web interface edits wrong devices

I have attached a file with the screenshots.  In the first screen, I select a device to edit the QoS (192.168.1.67). 

The device that actually opens up for editting is the one in the second screenshot (192.168.1.52).  This is true of almost all the devices - when I select one, it opens up a different one for editing.  Although 6 or 7 devices seem to work correctly (randomly).

I don't mind using the app, unfortunately it doesn't allow editting QoS settings.  

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MK83 (Nighthawk Mesh Wifi 6 with two satellites) web interface edits wrong devices

This happens with a different browser? Try MS Edge or FireFox or Opera?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed? 

Message 2 of 15
cb73
Guide

Different browsers on different computers (Opera, Edge, Chrome, Firefox on two computers).  Yes, setup from scratch was performed twice working with Support.  May be that I am the only one experiencing the issue.  I can't find it anywhere else.  But with all those tests I've done, and with as many configurations, you'd think it would be more common.  Perhaps others are not trying to edit device QoS settings.

Message 3 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

I'd keep in contact with NG suppose. Does seem like a web page UI mis-handling issue. 

Message 4 of 15
cb73
Guide

That's that I thought, and what I told them a couple of months ago.  I wish you good hunting!!!!

Message 5 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Something NG will need to review and get fixed. Let them know. 
@DarrenM 

Message 6 of 15
cb73
Guide

I have let them know - several times.  Each time, we got disconnected and I had to go through everything again - each time with an additional person.  That's why I created the pictures and posted them to the case.  The last time, I supposedly got to a third-tier support person and he agreed it looked flakey, and then we got disconnected.  As always, they didn't call back.  Shortly after that, the case was closed. Very frustrating.  After that experience, I didn't pay for additional support.  

Anyway, that's why I was hoping someone on here maybe had the same problem and figured out a fix.  Otherwise the QoS feature on the MK8x series is completely useless. 

Message 7 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

If factory resets and clearing of browsers doesn't fix this issue then this is something the NG will need to get fix as this is a FW coding issue. Did you open a support ticket? 

Message 8 of 15
cb73
Guide

I tried several browsers on two computers with no effect.  As I said, I opened a ticket.  They closed it.  Unfortunately, my free support has run out.  

Message 9 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Please send @DarrenM or @ChristineT a PM about this to follow up on it. 

Thank you.

Message 10 of 15
cb73
Guide

Sorry, I have not PM'd using this system before.  I tried to send PMs to each of them using their @<name>, but it would not let me use those names.   And I looked up PM in the community, but it didn't help.  

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Remove the (@) symbol

Message 12 of 15
cb73
Guide

That worked.  We'll see what they say...

Message 13 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 14 of 15
cb73
Guide

Sent it to both of them, but no reply yet...

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7