Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MK83 pushes Wifi settings at ISP box !!

vincelaus
Aspirant

MK83 pushes Wifi settings at ISP box !!

Hi

I have not been using my MK83 system since a little while and now encounters a very weird behaviour when putting it back online. I have resetted main units and satellite, made fw upgrades (pushed from 1.3 to 1.4) and then done whole settings of it. I then setup it in AP mode (my ISP box is **bleep** and doesn't allow bridge mode).

As soon as I plug one of the MK83 system unit in the LAN, my ISP box changes its Wifi settings for the ones setup in MK83 ! I have no idea how is that possible ! If I put back proper settings in my ISP Box, it's ok till one of the Netgear devices are back in LAN and then bam ISP box swaps Wifi settings !

Any ideas what's the problem there ? or how is it possible ? Is it ISP box using same Mesh technology as Netgear ? It's the ISP box from Salt (CH) and the box is Wifi6 (https://fiber.salt.ch/fr/home/equipment/fiber-box).

Thanks for your ideas, suggestions,

Vincèn

Message 1 of 2
kingtom
Tutor

Re: MK83 pushes Wifi settings at ISP box !!

@vincelaus wrote:

Hi

I have not been using my MK83 system since a little while and now encounters a very weird behaviour when putting it back online. I have resetted main units and satellite, made fw upgrades (pushed from 1.3 to 1.4) and then done whole settings of it. I then setup it in AP mode (my ISP box is **bleep** and doesn't allow bridge mode).

As soon as I plug one of the MK83 system unit in the LAN, my ISP box changes its Wifi settings for the ones setup in MK83 ! I have no idea how is that possible ! If I put back proper settings in my ISP Boxing Gloves Cleaning, it's ok till one of the Netgear devices are back in LAN and then bam ISP box swaps Wifi settings !

Any ideas what's the problem there ? or how is it possible ? Is it ISP box using same Mesh technology as Netgear ? It's the ISP box from Salt (CH) and the box is Wifi6 (https://fiber.salt.ch/fr/home/equipment/fiber-box).

Thanks for your ideas, suggestions,

Vincèn

Yeah it worked for me

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7