Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MK83 pushes Wifi settings at ISP box !!

vincelaus
Aspirant

MK83 pushes Wifi settings at ISP box !!

Hi

I have not been using my MK83 system since a little while and now encounters a very weird behaviour when putting it back online. I have resetted main units and satellite, made fw upgrades (pushed from 1.3 to 1.4) and then done whole settings of it. I then setup it in AP mode (my ISP box is **bleep** and doesn't allow bridge mode).

As soon as I plug one of the MK83 system unit in the LAN, my ISP box changes its Wifi settings for the ones setup in MK83 ! I have no idea how is that possible ! If I put back proper settings in my ISP Box, it's ok till one of the Netgear devices are back in LAN and then bam ISP box swaps Wifi settings !

Any ideas what's the problem there ? or how is it possible ? Is it ISP box using same Mesh technology as Netgear ? It's the ISP box from Salt (CH) and the box is Wifi6 (https://fiber.salt.ch/fr/home/equipment/fiber-box).

Thanks for your ideas, suggestions,

Vincèn

Message 1 of 2
kingtom
Tutor

Re: MK83 pushes Wifi settings at ISP box !!

@vincelaus wrote:

Hi

I have not been using my MK83 system since a little while and now encounters a very weird behaviour when putting it back online. I have resetted main units and satellite, made fw upgrades (pushed from 1.3 to 1.4) and then done whole settings of it. I then setup it in AP mode (my ISP box is **bleep** and doesn't allow bridge mode).

As soon as I plug one of the MK83 system unit in the LAN, my ISP box changes its Wifi settings for the ones setup in MK83 ! I have no idea how is that possible ! If I put back proper settings in my ISP Boxing Gloves Cleaning, it's ok till one of the Netgear devices are back in LAN and then bam ISP box swaps Wifi settings !

Any ideas what's the problem there ? or how is it possible ? Is it ISP box using same Mesh technology as Netgear ? It's the ISP box from Salt (CH) and the box is Wifi6 (https://fiber.salt.ch/fr/home/equipment/fiber-box).

Thanks for your ideas, suggestions,

Vincèn

Yeah it worked for me

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E