Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR 60 Firmware Upgrade - Netgear App not recognising latest Firmware release

MGPowell
Guide

MR 60 Firmware Upgrade - Netgear App not recognising latest Firmware release

My MR60 is running current firmware of v1.0.6.116 and when I run the Nighthawk App it is confirming this is the latest version, even though I have been notified that v1.1.6.122 is the latest

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
MGPowell
Guide

Re: MR 60 Firmware Upgrade - Netgear App not recognising latest Firmware release

Yes thanks - plemens directed me to the other forum and I followed the manual updates, to complete on all devices...  Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: MR 60 Firmware Upgrade - Netgear App not recognising latest Firmware release

You can manually update. I recommend updating the satellites first and then the router. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/mr60

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/ms60

Message 2 of 7
MGPowell
Guide

Ah OK , was hoping to avoid that but will give it a try...

Message 3 of 7

Netgear makes life complicated with the layout of this place. To talk to users of the MR60 try the appropriate section.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Mesh System - NETGEAR Communities

Search - NETGEAR Communities – MR60

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 4 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@MGPowell wrote:

Ah OK , was hoping to avoid that but will give it a try...

Message 5 of 7
MGPowell
Guide

Yes thanks - plemens directed me to the other forum and I followed the manual updates, to complete on all devices...  Thanks

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

If it updated and works correctly, you can mark it as solved so others aren't trying to fix it. 

Glad to hear it worked!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7