Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Amber light - MS60 blue light

GregDio
Aspirant

MR60 Amber light - MS60 blue light

I have a MR60 with three satellites. The MR60 router is showing an amber light while the satellites have blue lights. The satellites have internet access. The MR60 however is not showing on the network as connected and I am not able to connect to the ip address. I have tried  the DNS configuration mentioned on a previous post, but can't access the device. 

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Amber light - MS60 blue light

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What does the user manual say about LED color indication? 

Message 2 of 6
GregDio
Aspirant

Well I can't log into the device to find out the firmware version, but I know its not the latest.  Amber lights mean it is not connected to the Internet.  I have the router setup as an Access Point, connected directly to my Xfinity Router.  The Xfinity rounter doesn't show it as a connected device, but the Xfinity connected app shows being connected.  All the Satelittes have blue lights and internet access.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the XF app show an IP address for the MR in AP mode? 

When you set up the MR in AP mode did you use Dynamic IP address or Static IP address configuration on the MR? Static is recommended so you know the IP address of the MR in AP mode all time and it doesn't change. 

Message 4 of 6
GregDio
Aspirant

Yes it shows on the XF rounter with a static IP address, which is how I set it up.  It does show as a device not connected, but IP address reserved.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you use IP address reservation ON the ISP router or did you set a Static IP address on the MR in AP mode? 

Static Address differs from IP address reservations. Static IP address is set ON a device, not a router. 

IP address reservation is set ON a router and not set on a device. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7