Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset

scoobasteve
Tutor

MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset

I can't perform a factory reset on my MR60 router.  The LED is blinking white from the moment I power it up.  I even performed a 30/30/30 and it won't reset.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
scoobasteve
Tutor

Re: MR60 Mesh WiFi 6 Router can't perform factory reset

I just contacted Netgear support. After troubleshooting, they informed the firmware was corrupted.  I will be returning it for a new one.  Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 13

All Replies
plemans
Guru

are you able to log into the device? You can factory reset from within its menu's. 

Are you holding the reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on? 

Message 2 of 13
scoobasteve
Tutor

I can’t log in to the device because there is no internet connection to it. Yes, the power is on when I hold the reset button.
Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

You don't need an internet connection to log into the device. 

with it unplugged from the modem, you can connect a pc/laptop to a lan port and should be able to log into it and make changes. 

Message 4 of 13
scoobasteve
Tutor

How do I do that?

Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

with a pc/laptop connected to the MR60, open a command prompt and type ipconfig

the default gateway will be the IP address for the MR60. Try using that to access it. 

You can also try the default routerlogin . net

Message 6 of 13
scoobasteve
Tutor

There is no default gateway address and if I use routerlogin.net, it takes me to my modem/router login.

Message 7 of 13
scoobasteve
Tutor

Message 8 of 13
plemans
Guru

If its taking you to the modem/router gateway's address, the mr60 is functioning. Did you put it in ap mode? 

If so, check in the modem/gateways connected devices page

Message 9 of 13
scoobasteve
Tutor

I just contacted Netgear support. After troubleshooting, they informed the firmware was corrupted.  I will be returning it for a new one.  Thank you for your help.

Message 10 of 13
plemans
Guru

good luck with the next unit

Message 11 of 13
Bruce-IT
Aspirant

During the initial installation of my MK60S (MR60 + 2 MS60 Satellites), the firmware update bricked my MR60 router.  Factory resets, including the 30-30-30 (hold reset button in for 30 seconds while router is powered, then while continuing to hold reset button disconnect power for 30 seconds and finally, while still holding in the reset button, power back on and release reset button after 30 more seconds)  failed to re-establish the original SSID so I could not wirelessly connect to the router. I discovered that I was able to ping the router at 192.168.1.1 by connecting my PC to the LAN port and setting a static IP address on my PC to 192.168.1.10, subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 and Gateway to 192.168.1.1.  However, that was all I could do.  Called support and they had me download a TFTP program and the latest firmware file.  Was able to use the TFTP program to push the new firmware to the router which fixed my problem.  The article the tech referenced can be found here:
https://kb.netgear.com/000059633/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-client

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Enjoy.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7