Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 No Internet from wireless

k5blazer
Aspirant

MR60 No Internet from wireless

using MR60 mesh system I am not able to access the internet wirelessly connecting my laptop to the ethernet port I am able to access the router. Says my internet is connected and wireless is turned on. I am able to see the wireless on my phone. when trying to connect to it, I get could not obtain IP address. 

so far what I have tried:

factory reset pressing button on back for 15 seconds

reboot of router. 

reboot of modem

reconnecting devices. 

factory reset and setting in advanced options to computer MAC address

reset THEN plugging modem in and vise versa

plugging internet into the WAN port on router and my computer into the ethernet port I have Internet on my computer that is ethernet only

I am up to date on Firmware (it has checked many times)

current devices

MR60 with 2 sat.

century link Zyxel C3000Z

this setup was wroking until yesterday. We had a power outage for about 2 mins. when power came back on the wireless never came back. 

Thank You

Matt

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
k5blazer
Aspirant

Re: MR60 No Internet from wireless

::RESOLVED::

had the C3000Z in radio disable mode. 

I was able to see the wireless network from my phone and other devices. when trying to connect I would get could not obtain IP. Nothing was auto connecting at this time. using my laptop and hard wired to the modem MR60 I was able to get online through it, and see the GUI and see all the settings. My security settings were set to WEP2, the reasons of none... I turned off Security and set to OFF. My phone then auto connected so did the Wife's phone. Which was weird, at this point i turned Security back on WEP2 again. (same that I was using) turned WIFI off on my phone and turned back on. The phone auto connected and all of my devices in my home from computers, tvs, phones, and smart devices all connected back to the network. 

I guess it was something in the security settings? 

Thank you for the help on this subject. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Maria1122
Aspirant

Workshop rearrange pressing a key on the back for 15s

Reboot your router 

Restart of modem

Rewiring devices. 

Plant reset and background in forward-thinking choices to computer MAC address

Rearrange THEN working modem in and vice versa

Working internet hooked on the WAN haven on the router and my processor into the Ethernet harbor I have Internet on my CPU that is Ethernet lone

source- mcqs360

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

That C3000z is a modem/router combo device. It causes a double nat. For most devices, not an issue but some will have an issue. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 3 of 5
k5blazer
Aspirant

::RESOLVED::

had the C3000Z in radio disable mode. 

I was able to see the wireless network from my phone and other devices. when trying to connect I would get could not obtain IP. Nothing was auto connecting at this time. using my laptop and hard wired to the modem MR60 I was able to get online through it, and see the GUI and see all the settings. My security settings were set to WEP2, the reasons of none... I turned off Security and set to OFF. My phone then auto connected so did the Wife's phone. Which was weird, at this point i turned Security back on WEP2 again. (same that I was using) turned WIFI off on my phone and turned back on. The phone auto connected and all of my devices in my home from computers, tvs, phones, and smart devices all connected back to the network. 

I guess it was something in the security settings? 

Thank you for the help on this subject. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7