Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 - Not able to access Twitter?

hsmith
Tutor

MR60 - Not able to access Twitter?

I just purchased the nighthawk mesh and installed it. Works great. Newest firmware (1.1.6.124) uploaded today. But I cannot access Twitter. At all. I haven't found any other website with issues. It doesn't matter what browser, computer, device, etc. When I connect to a different wifi signal, Twitter works normally no problems at all.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 - Not able to access Twitter?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Traffic Meter.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 8
plemans
Guru

what error do you get? 

Do you have IPv6 enabled? 

Have you tried a different dns provider for both ipv4 and ipv6?

Message 3 of 8
hsmith
Tutor

Modem is Comtrend VR-3060 

The Armor and Traffic Meter are disabled, but I don't have a "circle" to turn on or off. 

I've tried new DNS, I've enabled IPv6, etc. 

Plugged, unplugged, rebooted, etc. 

I'm on Windows 11 on a Microsoft Surface tablet. It loads an error. My husband is on a Chromebook and it loads perfectly every time. We're on the same network. 

I've turned off all my browser extensions. I've tried Edge and Chrome. I can use my phone to access the app, so it's not a Twitter account issue. 

I'm about to give up on this system. I'm a social media marketing student, I HAVE to have access to Twitter on a regular basis!

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

The comtrend is a modem/router combo device. It causes a double nat. Usually isn't a major issue but it could be causing your problem. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 5 of 8
hsmith
Tutor

The router function was never enabled on the modem. When it was installed the tech used our old (circa 2016? Maybe older?) Netgear router, which had been functioning well with the old cable internet we'd had. When we upgraded to faster internet with another company I wanted to upgrade our router and went with the MESH so it would reach areas in our house that were usually dead zones. While on the old Netgear router, with the ComTrend modem, I could access Twitter like normal.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

did you check your comtrend or just trust that its in bridge? and that the bridge function is running appropriately?

Message 7 of 8
hsmith
Tutor

I don't know how I would do that without connecting it to a device, but I don't have an ethernet port on my Surface or my husband's chromebook. It's not broadcasting any kind of wireless signal that I can find, so I'm sort of left to assume that all the router functions are disabled.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7