Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Satellite issues

Markronelle49
Aspirant

MR60 Satellite issues

I have the Nighthawk MR60 Mesh system. Recently, we have noticed that nothing is connected to the 2 satellites that we have. We even have a TV right next to one of them. Anyone know what to do about this? I am not very tech saavy.

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Satellite issues

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

Firmware is V1.1.6.122

All satellites are over 30 ft from router. I bought these in August. It had showed prior what device was hooked up to the router and satellites. Now it appears that nothing is hooked up unless wired in, even though all computers and tvs are working. 

Hardware VErsion MR60

SN 63A8137PA0962

I have rebooted and no change. 

Message 3 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Can you post a screen capture if what your see?

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Also try turning down the power output of the RBRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 4 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

Message 5 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

My modem
Message 6 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

Message 7 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

I have a Samsung TV on, but not showing anywhere it is connected on the system
Message 8 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Well I see one problem with the app, the icon or picture is not correct. Thats a R7000 series router icon. The picture should be of the MR and MS box units. This is a APP issue. 

How close is the TV to the MR and MS? Is the TV closer to the MS? If it's closer to the MS, what happens if you turn down the transmit power on the MR from 100% to 25%? Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Does the TV connect to the MS. Is the TV reported connected at the MS if you look at the MRs Connected Devices page in a web browser and Nighthawk app report it at the MS? 

Message 9 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

So the MS is 12 inches from TV. Not sure where to turn it down. I see crs/rts threshold of 2347 for both 2.4 and 5g.
Message 10 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

So the MS is 12 inches from TV. Not sure where to turn it down. I see crs/rts threshold of 2347 for both 2.4 and 5g. The app and router login site won't even let me do a speed test.
Message 11 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

I would move the MS farther away from the TV. Try 3 feet.

Change the transmit power on the MR Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 12 of 14
Markronelle49
Aspirant

This is what I see.
Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Darn, I guess they don't have that feature on the MR60. 

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7