Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Satellites showing as offline in phone app after updating firmware

mercat68
Aspirant

MR60 Satellites showing as offline in phone app after updating firmware

Hi. I upgraded the firmware of my MR60 Mesh system today from 1.0.6.116 to 1.1.6.122 (manually downlaoded and installed). Since the upgrade, the Nighthawk app on my iPhone is showing the two satellites as "offline" and nothing connected to them (as seen in Network Map). However, the desktop (browser) interface is showing both satellites as connected, and the blue light is on on both satellites. is this normal behavior or a problem?

Message 1 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 Satellites showing as offline in phone app after updating firmware

Please post a screen capture of what your seeing. 

Has a power off of the ISP Modem, MR and MS for 1 minute or longer then back ON with the modem, MR then MS in that order and wait for all to be ready, then connect using the NH app change the status seen there? 

Message 2 of 13
mercat68
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll try that in the morning. Here's a screen shot of the NH app page showing the grayed-out satellite units.
Message 3 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

On the home page of the NH app, do you have a tile for Network Map? If so, whats seen there? Please post a screen capture. 

Message 4 of 13
mercat68
Aspirant

Not sure what you mean by title. Here's screen capture of the page. 

Message 5 of 13
mercat68
Aspirant

Just to follow up, I tried the power off/power on routine in the proper order this morning and there's no difference in what the NH app reports. It's still showing the satellites as offline. See attached photo of one satellite's page in the network map reporting that "no connected device found."

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

What is seen on the Network Map tile page? Should be simiar to what we see on the Orbi app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Sonos-amp-wired-connection-to-satelites/m-p/2184971/highlight/...

You should see all your MS listed here. 

"no connected device found." means that there isn't anything connect to the MS unit. 

All this seems like a Nighthawk app issue maybe. 

Message 7 of 13
mercat68
Aspirant

I can’t take a screen shot right now, but can tell you my network map looks very much like that. Is there a way in the desktop interface to see if any devices are connected to the satellites? That’s my main concern: figuring out whether devices are actually using the satellites and the app just isn’t showing it; or whether the satellites are really not working and everything is connecting to the main router (which would defeat the whole point of having a mesh system). Thanks.
Message 8 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Log into the MRs web page and check on the BASIC tab for Connected devices. You may see something similar to this on the MR? 

RBSConnected2RBRFinalAttempt.png

The UI make look different on the MR. I'm hoping to get an MK system in so I can see what these units are all about. 

Message 9 of 13
mercat68
Aspirant

Thanks. Yes, I've looked in MR webpage and can see satellite status (see attached screen capture). But I haven't found a way in the MR webpage to see what devices, if any, are connecting to the satellites (as you can see in the iOS app).

Also, to update, I did a factory reset of the system earlier today. Since the reset, the satellites no longer show in the iOS app Device Manager section (previously, they were listed there, but shown as offline). But the Network Map is unchanged - neither satellite shows any connected devices, which can't be right - both always showed some number of connected devices (before the firmware update).

Message 10 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

You I believe if you log into the MS web pages using there IP addresses, you can check to see whats connected on each there. 

Possible that your devices are picking the MR signal over the MS as well. Placement and distance for the MS from the MR and each other is important. 

Seems like the Nighthawk app is having problems. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted here:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Message 11 of 13
mercat68
Aspirant

Interesting - didn't realize you could log in to the satellites like you can with the router. Just did and one is showing devices connected, so guess all is well. Looks like the app is the problem. Thanks!

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements