Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 Satellites suddenly disconnected; can't factory reset either of them, both white flashing light

NeoMatrix835
Follower

MR60 Satellites suddenly disconnected; can't factory reset either of them, both white flashing light

The subject mainly says it all.

Everything was working fine since the initial setup last June 2021. It is February 2022 and I woke up this morning to the following...

- The router itself was on but not connected to the internet, the light was orange

- Both satellites had a light of orange

I power reset the router and it connected to the internet, the satellites proceeded to flash white.

I power cycled the satellites and the same behavior continued.

I logged into the router admin page on the wifi network and saw the satellites no longer show as attached.

I tried pressing the sync button on the router and then doing the same on the satellites... no luck. I tried several different methods, and moved one of the satellites into the same room as the router itself and repeated per instructions online... still no luck.

On the admin page on the router I saw there was new firmware available; V1.1.6.122. I went ahead and ran this update on the router... and it went through and was able to reconnect to the internet just fine.

Going back to the satellites I tried power cycling and re-sync'ing again... no luck.

I then tried breaking out a paper clip and factory reseting a satellite to update the firmware. The MS60 satellite is flashing white on the LED and I press and hold the paper clip into the satellite for 7-10s and release.... there is no change in the light pattern this entire time. I have a ethernet cable plugged into it for about 15 minutes now... and am not getting an IP address for the device.

What nuance/steps am I missing here? Both of my satellites are behaving this way. Again, last night... and the last few months... everything worked fine.

Please help!

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60 Satellites suddenly disconnected; can't factory reset either of them, both white flashing l

try hardwiring the satellite into the router and updating its firmware while hardwired in. 

You can also try to sync them via that method 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7