Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 Xfinity Gateway Died…new modem, but no internet cabke recognition on MR60

Mwatson
Aspirant

MR60 Xfinity Gateway Died…new modem, but no internet cabke recognition on MR60

My xfinity gateway died. Got a new gateway, hooked it up, but the MR60 reported no ethernet cable was plugged in. Tried dufferent cables, no change. Tested gateway ethernet ports, they are working. Bought a new cable modem, same problem, ugh, must be the MR60.

Have done factory reset on MR60. What other diags can i try?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60 Xfinity Gateway Died…new modem, but no internet cabke recognition on MR60

What actual modem/gateway did you buy or are you trying?

Message 2 of 6
Mwatson
Aspirant

I have tried 2:

I got another gateway from XFinity, same model as the last one, (running it in bridge mode), but the MR60 doesn't see the ethernet cable in the Internet slot. 

I also bought a NetGear CM2050V, because I wanted to get rid of the rental fee for the Xfinity gateway.  Same issue, MR60 doesn;t see the cable plugged in.

I have swapped cables.  I have done a reset.  Not sure what else to try.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Is the Mr60 still in warranty? 

Click on "mynetgear" at the top. register an account and the device.

You should be able to check warranty status there

Message 4 of 6
Mwatson
Aspirant

Definitely out of warranty as I puchased it in May 2020. :-(.

Is there any kind of hard reset I can do that might bring the port back?  I've done the reset via the pinhole on the back, holding it down for 15 secs.  Perhaps there is something else I can try? 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

I don't have that model but in some of the nighthawk and orbi models there was a wan port mirroring option. 

go to its ip address plus /debug.htm

so if your ip address is 192.168.1.1 you'd go to:  192.168.1.1/debug.htm 

See if it has that option. maybe you can mirror your wan port to lan port 1

maybe @Christian_R knows of some other tricks with that model 🙂

You could also try reinstalling the firmware or downgrading the firmware in case something was corrupted. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7