Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 flashing white light need to update firmware but will not connect to internet

AtlasEnzo
Aspirant

MR60 flashing white light need to update firmware but will not connect to internet

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60 flashing white light need to update firmware but will not connect to internet

You didn't give us much to go off. 

1. what firmware is on the MR60?

2. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

3. who's your isp?

Message 2 of 5
AtlasEnzo
Aspirant

Re: MR60 flashing white light need to update firmware but will not connect to internet

1. Not sure what the latest firmware was. I know I had an update though. Can’t reconnect it to see either.
2. Viasat 2 in 1 gateway modem. Triangular looking one
3. Viasat

I think I need to unbrick it from what I’m reading.
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

What viasat gateway/modem is it? 

Viasat uses main gateway's with their own integrated router. 
it can cause a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 4 of 5
AtlasEnzo
Aspirant

Viasat Gateway/Modem:  Model No.  RG1100

So, I tried option (1) and could not connect to Netgear MR60.  Flashing white light continuously.  I reset everything to wear it was before trying option (1) and then did option (2) whichg had the same results as option (1).   Continuous flashing white light.  So, I reset everything again and I'm back to where I started.  Didn't want to do option (3) and did not try.   I wasn't too keen on losing all the features listed. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7