Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 mesh router connected to CM1000 cable modem: "No internet connection"

MPJr
Initiate

MR60 mesh router connected to CM1000 cable modem: "No internet connection"

I was able to successfully install my MR60 (AX3000) Nighthawk mesh router (with two satellites) to my CM1000 Nighthawk cable modem about a month ago. Router and satellites were providing Wi-Fi to every corner of my place. Then, about a week ago, while both modem and router were on, I disconnected from my cable modem the ethernet wire (CAT-5, I believe) that connects to the MR60 router. The reason is that I needed to connect, via cat5 wire, my TV directly to the cable modem (CM1000) to setup AppleTV and I did not have any other ethernet port available in the back of my cable modem. After that, I reconnected the cat5 wire of my MR60 router to my CM1000 cable modem. However, I have not been able to reestablish internet connection in my router ever since. I have tried turning off and unplugging the cat5 wires of both the modem and router. I have turned off the two satellites, I have pressed the reset button on my router. I have used the Netgear app to reestablish internet connection or to reset the router. Nothing has worked so far. The MR60 router continues to have the orange light on (with no internet connection). Please, help me. What procedures and/or orderly steps I need to follow to reestablish internet connection. I thank you in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Try this. 

power off both the modem and the router and disconnect everything from both. Even coax from the cm1000.

Wait 1 minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and power it on. 

Wait 2 minutes. 

Then connect it back to the wan port on the MR60 and power the mr60 on. 

Give it a few minutes and then try it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try this. 

power off both the modem and the router and disconnect everything from both. Even coax from the cm1000.

Wait 1 minutes. 

Then connect coax back to the modem and power it on. 

Wait 2 minutes. 

Then connect it back to the wan port on the MR60 and power the mr60 on. 

Give it a few minutes and then try it. 

Message 2 of 3
MPJr
Initiate

Plemans, thank you so much. It worked. Once again, I have a blue light and I have internet connection out of the router. Now, I will try reconnecting the satellites.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7