Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 sets off HP6525 at somewhat regular intervals

Critterville
Aspirant

MR60 sets off HP6525 at somewhat regular intervals

I bought this Nighthawk unit from Costco in mid-December.  All appears well except I was hoping for a speed improvement over my previous Orbi RBR40, but I don't think so...

Anyway: Since having my system on the Nighthawk my HP 6525 printer sounds like it is getting ready to print every so many minutes, but there is nothing for it to print and so it goes back to sleep.  I have just accepted the extra noise, but wondered why this was happening. Yesterday the printhead gave out on the printer and while troubleshooting I notice bunches of ink in the cleaning area.  I bet each time the printer gets a "go" signal, it primes the printheads or some such thing.  I turned wireless off on the printer and this regular awakening has gone away.  A little bit ago I turned the wireless back on and again, every 10 minutes or so it acts like it is going to print.

The Orbi never did this.  I tried to get something out of the User Manual, but it speaks a language different than mine...I am only somewhat computer literate.  Suggestions please

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 sets off HP6525 at somewhat regular intervals

@Critterville wrote:

What Firmware version is currently loaded? V1.0.6.116
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? We use a fixed wireless system from SimplyBits. The connection to the router is from a PHHONG power supply thru a short, 2 foot wire.

How is the printer connected to the MESH system? Wired or wireless? Does the printer support a wired connection? If so, can you try this?  Normally we use wireless but a connection is available.  Our normal wireless connection is a distance of 55’ from the router thru one wall and 20 feet from the nearest satellite again thru one wall.  Distance between the Pinter and system maybe too far. Might try a closer distance with the printer to the MR or one of the MS. It normally connects to satellite #1. Today I rearranged things and connected the printer as wired.  All has been well. MIght keep the wire connection as will be most stable.

Is printer FW up to date and well? Yes, the firmware and software are up to date.  I checked when this problem developed.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?  3020’2
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.  Satellite #1 is 75’ and two walls from the router; satellite #2 is 65’ and three walls from the router.  Coverage is good within the house, but the outer concrete walls decreases outside coverage.
Might close the distance by 10feet if you notice problems in the future. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

How is the printer connected to the MESH system? Wired or wireless? Does the printer support a wired connection? If so, can you try this? 

Is printer FW up to date and well? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/000061709/Where-should-I-place-the-Mesh-WiFi-satellite-of-my-Nighthawk-Mesh-W... 📡

Message 2 of 6
Critterville
Aspirant

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too? We use a fixed wireless system from SimplyBits. The connection to the router is from a PHHONG power supply thru a short, 2 foot wire.

How is the printer connected to the MESH system? Wired or wireless? Does the printer support a wired connection? If so, can you try this?  Normally we use wireless but a connection is available.  Our normal wireless connection is a distance of 55’ from the router thru one wall and 20 feet from the nearest satellite again thru one wall.  It normally connects to satellite #1. Today I rearranged things and connected the printer as wired.  All has been well.

Is printer FW up to date and well? Yes, the firmware and software are up to date.  I checked when this problem developed.

What is the distance between the router and 📡 satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between MR and MS📡 to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.  Satellite #1 is 75’ and two walls from the router; satellite #2 is 65’ and three walls from the router.  Coverage is good within the house, but the outer concrete walls decreases outside coverage.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

@Critterville wrote:

How is the printer connected to the MESH system? Wired or wireless? Does the printer support a wired connection? If so, can you try this?  Normally we use wireless but a connection is available.  Our normal wireless connection is a distance of 55’ from the router thru one wall and 20 feet from the nearest satellite again thru one wall.  Distance between the Pinter and system maybe too far. Might try a closer distance with the printer to the MR or one of the MS. It normally connects to satellite #1. Today I rearranged things and connected the printer as wired.  All has been well. MIght keep the wire connection as will be most stable.

Might close the distance by 10feet if you notice problems in the future. 

Message 4 of 6
Critterville
Aspirant

Okay...thanks.  I will probably just go back to old faithful Orbi and return these to Costco.  It was worth the effort.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7