Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 setup lan cable not detected

Amaddog
Aspirant

MR60 setup lan cable not detected

When setting up the router I get cable not detected several times. Once it did recognized the cable and said no internet. The next time I got no cable connected again. I use the same cable and modem on my old R7000 wifi and works fine. Many modem restarts, many set up attempts, and nothing. Customer support said its fine I have an IP conflict so just set it up and clear off all IP? How do I do that it won't set up!
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: MR60 setup lan cable not detected

Be sure your ethernet adapter networking settings on your PC are set for automatic and not static.
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Are you trying to access 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1? Try both? 

Message 2 of 9
Amaddog
Aspirant

I am using my phone and the Netgear app to set up. The router worked fine for many months then a few days ago I discovered no wifi signal and have been trying to set back up ever since.
Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a wired Pc or laptop if you have one. 

Press the reset button in back for 15 seconds then  release. 

Review the online installation guide for help and information on how to set it up using a mobile device or wired computer. 

Message 4 of 9
Amaddog
Aspirant

I have done all of that and twice with customer support. Whether I use a laptop of phone app I get the same error to check cable connection from modem. I have noticed all of the posts on this subject never seem to be resolved.
Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off of the modem and MR for 1 minute then back ON with the modem first then MR lastly been performed? 

Ensure a good quality LAN cable is used between the modem and router? CST6 is recommended.

Message 6 of 9
Amaddog
Aspirant

The cable I am using and the two others I have tried all work with direct connection to my laptop and with my old R7000 wifi router I am using right now. The cables are fine. I have followed your suggested power on and off in exact order many times and did this with the customer support rep on the phone. I can connect to the MR60 mesh wifi signal, but cannot get through set up since no cable is detected.
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend you return the MK system back to place of purchase and find another. Seems like this one maybe just faulty and bad. 

Message 8 of 9
JonC03
Aspirant

Netgear MR60 Wifi 6 Mesh Router

I have had this issue and was able to fix - this typically only happens when you do not power down your router and let it sit for a few minutes. Flipping a circuit breaker on and off with out waiting will also cause this. I recommend using a UPS to avoid this in the future.

1-Unplug and gather all satellites

2-Factory Reset the Router - Hold down reset for 15 seconds

3-Once the light turns red again, plug your network cable into the Ethernet port on the router and into your computer. This may take a few minutes for the router to boot up

4-Loginto the Router using a web browser - www.routerlogin.net

5-DO NOT SET UP WITH MOBILE PHONE, check the box saying you do not have a compatible phone

6-Set up using manual set up. (not wizard or saved files)

7-Follow any agreements, password prompts and questions

8-Click on "Advanced" Tab > Set up > Internet Setup

9-Scroll to the bottom "Router MAC Address" and select the radio button for "Use Computer MAC address" click apply

10- Make any other changes on the Basic Tab needed (change pass word to your old password, change the router name back to what you used to have it set as etc..)

11-Restart your MODEM (not the router that we have been working on) This will obtain a new IP address on the router and should now turn blue after a few more minutes.

12-Now plug on one satellite at a time waiting until each turns blue and you should be all set!

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7