Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 showing orange light

FunTwo
Star

MR60 showing orange light

I brought the refurbed model with one satellite speaker. The router had the orange light on vs the blue light on the satelite. 

The MAC address was starting with a 10, which the ISP tech told me "it's acting like a bridge". The connection is from the outside ISP provided modem to this router. 

There is a post here to change the DNS server. I did that, no joy there. 

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

What actual modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 7
FunTwo
Star

Connected to the ISP provided modem for the fiber line. I have not access to that.

The tech said everything looks good, but the MAC address for the router was starting with 10. He called that "bridge mode". So very confused at that, cuz at that point, I had already factory resetted the router at least twice.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What actual gateway is it? 

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen the tech just saying stuff to get out of a home. 

if its starting with a 10. its usually detecting another router running and switching from the default 192.168.1.1 to the 10.0.0.1 address. 

It causes a double nat. 

Message 4 of 7
FunTwo
Star

That's the thing, there is no other router in between the modem and the MR60. I have a tech coming out tomorrow to help with this. Hopefully there will be a solution for this.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem is it? 

Message 6 of 7
FunTwo
Star

No idea at all. Proprietary one, I guess. They wont allow me to access it or do anything with it.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7