Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MR60 wifi coverage loosing connection frequently

nemaes
Tutor

MR60 wifi coverage loosing connection frequently

MR60 — Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 Router / MR60

(Apologies the model number in above field is generic, as unable to find my model in there)

i am using the MESH Router MR60 model. From last few weeks i have been conitnously loosing connectivity for mobile devices connected to the network. It doens't seem to be limited to just mobile phones, but even the laptops, chromecast device etc. 

FIrmware is updated to latest version (Version 1.0.6.102) . I have restarted the routers, modems few times everyday. it stbalises for a while and then again same. 

Is anybody else facing similar issues or is it possible setting issue. 

thank you

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Is it only wireless devices?

Or do wired drop as well? 

Have you noticed if its an issue with the devices connected to the satellites or the router? (might have to shut off a satellite or 2 to try and isolate it)

What is your home made of (the interior)?
How big is it? 

What modem/gateway are you connected to? 

When you loose connection, does it say "connected, no internet", does the wifi stop broadcasting entirely, what actually happens?

Message 2 of 6
nemaes
Tutor

thank you ffor responding here. i am answering your questions below. 

for info - the MR60 WIFI 6 Mesh system i have has two satellites. 

the outer has a wired connection and one satellite has wired connection. 

s it only wireless devices? - yes. 

Or do wired drop as well? - i don't have any wired device connected to the netwrok. 

Have you noticed if its an issue with the devices connected to the satellites or the router? (might have to shut off a satellite or 2 to try and isolate it)  Mostly the issue is with the satellites . but once a while with router too. 

What is your home made of (the interior)? Brick Walls. 
How big is it? 1500 sqft . the router is in the study. i have to keep the door open, else the connectivity with satellite gets affected. the two satellites are in two seprate rooms. 

What modem/gateway are you connected to? Viewqwest ( singapore). the modem was supplied by the provider(ISP)

When you loose connection, does it say "connected, no internet", does the wifi stop broadcasting entirely, what actually happens? the satellite goes to yellow ( indicating no internet) 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

brick and concrete are 2 of the best blockers of wifi. 

That makes it quite a challenge. 

I usually advise people with brick, concrete, or plaster lathe to find a way to hardwire in the connection between router/satellites. 

otherwise it doesn't stay stable because of the signal attenuation. 

You could try powelrine, moca adapters, or even running ethernet between the router/satellites. 

Message 4 of 6
nemaes
Tutor

thank you Plemans.

for the ethernet between router and satellite - i have the satellite directly wired to same modem as the router. will it have the same affect? 

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

1. what modem do you have? 

2. the satellite should be wired to the router or going modem---->router---->switch/satellites.   

it shouldn't be wired directly to the modem. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7