Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60

MR60

All of a sudden, the Factory default SSID on my router disappered, and now I have an unsecured SSID of Netgear_setup appearing in my list of networks. Im getting a signal from the main router, but satillites won't connect. Should I do a factory reset? What do you think happened?

Thank you

Gerry

Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60

I would start with the reset of the satellite and not the whole system. 

Try resetting that and re-syncing it

also what firmware is on the router?

And on the satellites? 

Message 2 of 12

Hi. I did that unplugged and recycled. I even did the same with the ATT Uverse unit. Nothing. Still comes up with Netgear_Setup as the unsecured SSID. I have no idea what happened to the Default SSID... poof

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

att uses a modem/router combo device that can cause a double nat. 

A double nat happens when you cascade more than 1 router.
https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Fixes? There’s 3 options but only use 1.
1. Put the modem/gateway in modem only/pass through mode. This disables its routing functions.
2. Leave the modem/gateway in router mode but put the Netgears IP address into its DMZ. This forwards the data to the netgear. You can either leave the modem/gateway’s wireless enabled or disabled. Just make sure its using a different wifi channel to prevent interference
3. Put the Netgear into access point mode. This disables its routing functions. Wifi/ethernet still works but it does disable some features.
https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

I'd start with getting that fixed. You could also try factory resetting the router and starting back at stock. 

Does the unsecured network go away if you unplug the satellite?

Message 4 of 12

Thanks for the help. I reset the unit, and I'm back to the beginning. How do I set the MR60 to AP mode. I didnt find it in my phone app, but I did log into the unit directly, but Im afraid to change anything without any firm direction. Any advice?

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

it is correct to only find AP mode in the browser based setup. its not in the app. 

Message 6 of 12

Thank you. Where in the web based interface is the setting?

Message 7 of 12
plemans
Guru

Message 8 of 12

All seems to work at this point. One last issue:

I purchased an additional Mesh setup for my son, and i took one of his Satellites (MS60) and tried to set it up in my house as the third Satellite on my Mesh network. The status light is Blue, but it doesn't show up on my app as a third unit. It only shows two Satellites connected. Could this be because it indicates another SSID name on the product sticker, than my SSID?

Thank you

Message 9 of 12
plemans
Guru

did you sync it? 

What firmware version is on the satellite that doesn't work? 

What version is on the router? 

Message 10 of 12

I've hit the sync button several times on the satellite< and the light turns blue. It appears to be connected, but doesn't show up on the network map

Firmware on the Satellites that show on the Network map is V1.0.6.116

How do you read the one the doesn't show?

You are very helpful and patient. I appreciate it.

Message 11 of 12
plemans
Guru

Try hardwiring the ms60 from your sons to your mr60. 

give it a couple minutes and log into the mr60 and see if it assigns an ip address to the ms60. 

Use that to access it and check its firmware. the mr60 and ms60 need to be on matching firmwares

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7