Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR63 not finding satelite

moshenz
Aspirant

MR63 not finding satelite

Doing a manual Firmware upgrade on the router first prevented upgrading the Firmware of the satellites.  Netgear support advised to factory reset the router.

Doing that I have the router back and running, but it does not find the satellites anymore.  Is there any way to recover from this?  Phone support is not available after 90 days so i am stuck with a product that no longer covers the house.

The MR60 (router) is connected to the Modem in AP mode.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: MR63 not finding satelite

Try hardwiring the satellites into the router and syncing/updating them. 

Message 2 of 3
moshenz
Aspirant

Re: MR63 not finding satelite

Thanks for your suggestion.

I ended up paying for support (warranty/support for Netgear sucks) and got someone who was able to help.

The solution was logging into the router via browser config interface, identifying the attached devices and obtaining the Satellite IP addresses and then connecting to each IP address (it brings up the same config interface) and doing a manual Fireware update from there.

Just would have been easier if the Satellite Firmware was listed first on the website and then I would have avoided this headache.

Cheers

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7