Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MS 60 Connectivity to a Switch

wayne2101
Tutor

MS 60 Connectivity to a Switch

I still have quite a few wired (Gigabit) Cat 5e connections in my house. Can I connect a single line to the ethernet port on a MS60 from a Netgear GS116 16 port Ethernet Network Switch and maintain connectivity over several devices?

Such as connecting a few computers in an office environment (not wireless) to the switch and the MS60.

Thanks in advance.

Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MS 60 Connectivity to a Switch

Hi Wayne, 

Just curious, were you able to test this out?

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
knightz01
Apprentice

Hi Wayne2101 / Christian_R 

Just for your info have a look at my network snippet attached, all good & working, the backhall connections between the MR60 and two MS60's are all WiFi & then onto Cat5e to switches, I have Virgin media (UK) with 500Mbt down & 37Mbt Up, at the very end of my network I have my main PC(wired) and acheive the speeds I pay for, I used to have TP-link switches and would get drop outs but since replacing these with netgear unmanaged switches touch wood all is how it should be, I will add I am on Firmware Version 1.0.4.98 as this was the only firmware that would work with TP-link switches for me, not tried Firmware Version 1.0.6.102 with new switches yet.

knightz01 (Kev)

Message 3 of 5
wayne2101
Tutor

I have not tried the question as I have had to re configure the connection area due to the Nighthawk not reaching the area where the switch is.

Message 4 of 5
wayne2101
Tutor

Hi, Many thanks for the information.

I did attempt to connect the router to a switch which is connected to the VM router, it didn't seem to like it.

So I have the VM router connected to the MR60 router. Switches through my house are connected to the VM Router direct so there are not any Cat 5 cables connected to any Satellites in teh MR 63 package now.

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7