Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: MS60 Satellite - No connected device found

MS60 Satellite - No connected device found

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me understand why none of my devices connect to the Mesh Satellites. I have two satellites connected to my MR60 Mesh system, both are found in the phone app and display as connected.

However, when I select teh "Devices" tab on both it displays "No Connected Device Found". Is there a trick to getting devices to connect to the satellites? Why are no devices listed as being connected to the satellites dispite being, in some cases, right next them?

I love to understand why. Thanks for any tips.

Message 1 of 11

I have reset one of my satelites and unplugged the ethernet cable. Yet the router insists it up and running with a wired connection. I rename the satelite in the app... of course it doesn't save the name.

I can't say I am terribly impressed with this system. What I can say is this has been a very disapointing purchase.

Message 2 of 11
plemans
Guru

Devices roam between the satellites/router based on their own roaming protocol. Its not the router/satellite that moves them. 

what you can do to ensure the best chances of roaming? 

1. make sure the satellite/router are at least 30 ft apart

2. Check your home size. If the home isn't big enough, the devices will default to the router. In this case, you can try turning down the broadcast power a bit and see if that encourages roaming. 

3. try turning the wifi on/off on the device you're using. If it defaulted to the router and the distance isn't that great, a reconnect might have it connecting to the satellites. 

Message 3 of 11

I have never seen one device, not a single one, ever attach itself to either of the two satellites. Should they go to landfill?

Message 4 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Also try turning down the power output of the MRs wifi radios from 100% to 50% and see if this changes anything. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 5 of 11
plemans
Guru

there was a new firmware pushed out the 11th. did you update to that version? 

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 7 of 11

The new firmware is precisely what caused the issue with mine.  In the Nighthawk app, the satellites show no connected devices but when I connect to the web interface for each satellite it does show several devices connected.  The Nighthawk app also shows every device connected by wire, not via wifi.

The problem isn't firmware, the problem is that this system is, to put it bluntly, junk.  

Message 8 of 11

@steveof2620 wrote:

I have never seen one device, not a single one, ever attach itself to either of the two satellites. Should they go to landfill?

Yes.  I can't even request a warranty replacement for mine because in order to submit a request I need a case # and because my 90 days support is expired, I can't create a support case without paying money for extended support.  Their one year warranty is bogus.  It's effectively a 90 day warranty.  Crap product, crap support, crap warranty. 

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@steveof2620 wrote:

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can help me understand why none of my devices connect to the Mesh Satellites. I have two satellites connected to my MR60 Mesh system, both are found in the phone app and display as connected.

However, when I select teh "Devices" tab on both it displays "No Connected Device Found". Is there a trick to getting devices to connect to the satellites? Why are no devices listed as being connected to the satellites dispite being, in some cases, right next them?

I love to understand why. Thanks for any tips.

Message 10 of 11
RogEnk
Initiate

Have come to the conclusion after many years of being a loyal customer for 10+ years of Netgear that I will never buy another one of their products.
Over priced at the outset and mandatory ‘extended’ support in order to submit a warranty claim adds insult to injury.
My Nighthawk + 3 satellites threw a wobbly 17 days after warranty expired, one satellite simply will no longer sync and has the pale blue light flashing continuously, the other two go solid blue but no devices connected. With a 4000 square foot smart home with 80 devices including switches and smart media devices this is unacceptable support, and no I won’t be paying to get support for a product that a company the likes of Netgear should be proud to stand behind, Asus have a much better rep. Anything Netgear is simply disappointing and extremely overpriced considering that gouging 90 day support window. $300 paper weights… oh and the ‘armor’ renewal that the router cannot recognize? Also a rip off, true my devices are protected but the gateway to my home is not because it is unable to recognize I renewed?!

Shame on you Netgear, and even more shame that official representation on your community is as rare as rocking horse manure.

Oh. FYI I am an IT professional with 30+ years experience including Cisco and MS certification. Your support is non-existent and I advise all buyers stay away.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 26 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7