Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW IP CAMERA CONNECTION OUTSIDE THE LAN

JJROMANO
Tutor

MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW IP CAMERA CONNECTION OUTSIDE THE LAN

Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW IP CAMERA CONNECTION OUTSIDE THE LAN

1. what modem/gateway are you connected to? 

2. what ip camera is it? 

3. what firmware is on the router? 

4. so if you're on your home network, it works fine? its just when you're off your wifi? 

5. Are you using the ip camera's app? 

6. did you check with the camera maker to see if there's any ports that needed to be opened?

Message 2 of 12
JJROMANO
Tutor

Re: MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW IP ( I CANNOT PUT CONTENT IN THE BODY OF THE POST)

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW IP ( I CANNOT PUT CONTENT IN THE BODY OF THE POST)

sorry, nothing on that post. 

Message 4 of 12
JJROMANO
Tutor

Re: MR60/MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW CONNECTION TO THE IP CAMERA OUTSIDE THE LAN

I have an Amcrest IP Camera connected to the lan via wifi.  The ports are open to the camera verified by a port check.  Connection to the camera is by proprietary app from Amcrest.  The connection works perfectly inside the lan when my mobile device is connected to the lan via wifi, but will not connect when I connect mobile device to the cell network.  I have changed routers, updated firmware for both MR60 and the IP camera.  Forced connection to the MR60 via 2.5 Gig connection by splitting the wifi signals on the Mesh.  I have 200 mb down and 10 mb up from WAN.  ISP is Spectrum, modem is the same that I used to get a connection from outside the lan previously.  Any ideas on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

BTW, I couldn't put content in the body of the original post using MS Edge Browser, had to change to Chrome, thanks for your understanding.

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60/MS60 WI FI ROUTER WILL NOT ALLOW CONNECTION TO THE IP CAMERA OUTSIDE THE LAN

Its not the most secure but does it work if you put the camera's ip address into the netgears dmz? 

Message 6 of 12
JJROMANO
Tutor

I will try that to rule out other issues.  Thanks

Message 7 of 12
JJROMANO
Tutor

DMZ connection does not work either

Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

The dmz forwards all info from that ip address through the router. so it shouldn't be filtering anything if the devices ip address is set as dmz. 

Message 9 of 12
JJROMANO
Tutor

I am wondering if the Spectrum Modem is the problem.  I don't have any access to the modem internals, it is proprietary to Spectrum.  Does anyone have any knowledge of Spectrum ISP service issues?

Message 10 of 12
plemans
Guru

do you have ipv6 enabled? 

And have you tried a different dns provider for both ipv4 and ipv6? 

Message 11 of 12
JJROMANO
Tutor

I have not tried that, I give ip v6 a try, I'm using the Public IP address to check outside the LAN, so a DNS isn't really necessary until I establish that I can connect.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7