Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Mesh WiFi 6 Router(MR60) & L2TP VPN via Synology

CmdrSolo
Follower

Mesh WiFi 6 Router(MR60) & L2TP VPN via Synology

Just bought and installed the Mesh WiFi 6 Router(MR60) and am trying to configure the port forwarding for L2TP VPN service to my Synology Server. I believe I have the 3 ports configured correctly (500, 1701, and 4500); however, my remote device still does not want to connect. I have to believe the router supports passing the L2TP protocols through...any ideas?

UPDATE: Played around with some more settings and finally got it to work...the Nighthawk router sits behind my ATT Modem/Router that I configured as a Passthrough. However, I suspect that because the devices that sit behind the Nighthawk router technically reside on a different subnet, I had to redefine the port forwarding rules on the ATT router to point to the Nighthawk router - so I guess it essentially gets forwarded twice. Looks like everything is back to working order.

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Mesh WiFi 6 Router(MR60) & L2TP VPN via Synology

Hello,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7