Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: NETGEAR Airbridge WBC502 compatibility with NIGHTHAWK MESH MK63 system, ORBI RBS50Y extender

Ley1
Aspirant

NETGEAR Airbridge WBC502 compatibility with NIGHTHAWK MESH MK63 system, ORBI RBS50Y extender

Ok, The NG Airbridge WBC502 looks like the ticket for my needs. I saw no info related to its compatibility. Will it "mesh" ok with the Nighthawk system and also the OBI extender, if I deside to use it as well? (refer to previous comments and my question)

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: NETGEAR Airbridge WBC502 compatibility with NIGHTHAWK MESH MK63 system, ORBI RBS50Y extender

Please do not post the same or similar questions all over. Community member time is limited.

@Ley1 wrote:

The NG Airbridge WBC502 looks like the ticket for my needs.

Explaining your problem or what you reed from the Airbridge information available and how this might fit your needs.

@Ley1 wrote:

I saw no info related to its compatibility.

For a reason... There is a lot of information available on the Airbridge, and it's possible usage, with very few is missing in fact.

The Airbridge is a wireless bridge for connecting two networks as a L2 bridge - like a network cable, over the air, with a RJ45 Ethernet port at both ends, connecting two Ethernet switches, connecting an Ethernet switch with a camera on a distance, ... creating a point-to-point connection.

Ok, there is a variant with a point-to-multipoint for a small sector, too - also TDMA - e.g. for a surveillance camera, for a video doorbell, and the like (at each point with an Airbridge box) in the front yard for example.

And as a side effect, an Airbridge box can be configured to work as a simple 5 GHz wireless access point, connected to an Ethernet, and supporting Wi-Fi clients on normal Wi-Fi range.

@Ley1 wrote:

Will it "mesh" ok with the Nighthawk system and also the OBI extender, if I deside to use it as well? (refer to previous comments and my question)

In the Airbridge mode (permitting the range of up to 3000 meters over the free air and a fesnel zone of about 7.5 meters) the system is using TDMA, not Wi-Fi. Therefore no Mesh, no wireless client access, .... Oh and not a Wi-Fi EasyMesh member, not an Orni Mesh member, ...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Ley1
Aspirant

Please refer to my question posted on "WYFI RANGE EXTENDERS AND MESH SYSTEMS" board.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Please do not post the same or similar questions all over. Community member time is limited.

@Ley1 wrote:

The NG Airbridge WBC502 looks like the ticket for my needs.

Explaining your problem or what you reed from the Airbridge information available and how this might fit your needs.

@Ley1 wrote:

I saw no info related to its compatibility.

For a reason... There is a lot of information available on the Airbridge, and it's possible usage, with very few is missing in fact.

The Airbridge is a wireless bridge for connecting two networks as a L2 bridge - like a network cable, over the air, with a RJ45 Ethernet port at both ends, connecting two Ethernet switches, connecting an Ethernet switch with a camera on a distance, ... creating a point-to-point connection.

Ok, there is a variant with a point-to-multipoint for a small sector, too - also TDMA - e.g. for a surveillance camera, for a video doorbell, and the like (at each point with an Airbridge box) in the front yard for example.

And as a side effect, an Airbridge box can be configured to work as a simple 5 GHz wireless access point, connected to an Ethernet, and supporting Wi-Fi clients on normal Wi-Fi range.

@Ley1 wrote:

Will it "mesh" ok with the Nighthawk system and also the OBI extender, if I deside to use it as well? (refer to previous comments and my question)

In the Airbridge mode (permitting the range of up to 3000 meters over the free air and a fesnel zone of about 7.5 meters) the system is using TDMA, not Wi-Fi. Therefore no Mesh, no wireless client access, .... Oh and not a Wi-Fi EasyMesh member, not an Orni Mesh member, ...

Message 3 of 4
Ley1
Aspirant

Thank you for the "education" on all this. I now have a better understanding of the roll this AirBridge equipment can be used for!

Appreciate you taking the time to explain all this. Your layout of an example system , on the other Board, very helpfull!

Thanks agan

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7