Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Netgear Nighthawk MK models can only access Google/Facebook, but not for other sites.

ketachicken
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk MK models can only access Google/Facebook, but not for other sites.

I have been using the MK62 since 2020. This problem start popping up when I switched my service provider this month.

Occasionally, I will lose access to all websites, except for Facebook, Google, Youtube (they will work perfectly fine). The light icon on MK62 will remain blue during the issue occurs. Everything will go back to normal when I remove the power plug and reset the router. 

Also confirmed that the modem is working fine during the issue occurs. 

Anyone has faced similar issues? Is it related to the firmware updates this month?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MK models can only access Google/Facebook, but not for other sites.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 4
ketachicken
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MK models can only access Google/Facebook, but not for other sites.

My Firmware version is V1.1.6.122_2.0.58.

ONT model no. is G-240G-E by Nokia. It is connected to another router provided by local Internet Service Provider (confirmed that this router has no connection issues when the situation occurs). 

Did several resets since last update.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

so you're going the nokia---->other router-----MK nighthawk? 

That can cause a double nat and issues. 

why are you using the other router? 

Is it in passthrough/modem only mode? 

Or have you put the MK nighthawks iP address into the other routers dmz?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7