Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Netgear Nighthawk MR60 firmware version downgraded, now iOS app can see all of MS60 satellites

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear Nighthawk MR60 firmware version downgraded, now iOS app can see all of MS60 satellites

Since the middle of Feb after a firmware update on my MR60, the iOS app could not see any of my MS60 satellites. I reported this to Netgear support and they had me try everything including factory reset, delete app, try app on another iOS device, provided model of all iOS devices and all iOS versions..  I provided screen grabs all steps ( I am in IT for over 25 years)

If you connect using the computer to the IP address of the MR60 it does show all the MS60 satellites. If you connect to the MS60 satellite IP you can see the actual devices connected to them.

After no reponse from Netgear for 28 days, I went to the Netear support and noticed they had Firmware Version V1.0.6.102_2.0.45

I was up to a 110 version so I manually downgraded the MR60 and MS60 satellites of which I have 3. Low and behold this older firmware version resolved the issue.

Also, looks like when connecting via IP you do not get the same capabilites of the iOS app.

Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MR60 firmware version downgraded, now iOS app can see all of MS60 satellites

Hello dturbo1,

Thanks for sharing your experience as it may possibly help others that may experience the same issue.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
IainMurray
Tutor

Re: Netgear Nighthawk MR60 firmware version downgraded, now iOS app can see all of MS60 satellites

Christian 

Clearly Netgear had a big problem with the 110 release and have now deleted it from support web site, I have also downgraded my system and I can now see 2 satelites on the IOS app. But when I look now at the app the decriptions of the connected devices are not nearly as easy to understand the descriptions are now poor.  When will Negear provide the new firmware as we are having a bad experience with this product.  Any firmware update should improve the product and fax issues not make things worse. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7