Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Netgear mesh MR60 router

Barbino
Tutor

Netgear mesh MR60 router

I have a new HP 6000e series printer and urchased the MR 60mesh router, and it has been a nightmare to get my printer to work. I did not know that this router did not interface with 2.4 ghz successfully…what a mess, I’ve been on tech support with my ISP and HP and Netgear for DAYS….isn’t this modern equipment?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear mesh MR60 router

Try turning OFF The MS and work with just the MR only with the printer. 

Ensure the printers FW is up to date.

Try disabling wifi security on the MR temporarily to see if the printer connects at all to the MR. Reenable WPA2 and AES after checking this.

Message 2 of 6
Barbino
Tutor

Finally solved! I worked with an excellent tech support guy ( Ranauk) who was able to fix this issue….after many contacts, finally got the right one to guide me through the connection issues.

Message 3 of 6
fredboer
Star

Would you mind posting the solution in case it might help others? 

Message 4 of 6
Barbino
Tutor

Apparently was a conflict in the HP software from my previous printer which prevented a connection. I had to use a USB cord to configure the new printer and so far it seems to have solved my problem. I did have to unplug and replug the printer one time to reestablish the Wi-Fi connection this week, not sure why, but it did reconnect. What is weird is HP could not help me with this even though it was a HP printer. 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7