Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Netgear not honoring their hardware warranty!!!!!

NetworkGuy1490
Apprentice

Netgear not honoring their hardware warranty!!!!!

I have had an open case with L2 for almost 3 months about the frequest disconnects of the MR60 Mesh router. About two months ago, I used a WiFi monitor and saw there where only three access point. (The 5Ghz was missing from the satellite.) Dispite repeated requests for a HARDWARE replacement under the one-year warrany. (Mu system is now 5 months old) they keep finding excuses to not send me a replacement.

This is the nonsense they asked me to do,

Can you help perform and check the following:
1. Can we connect a device to 5GHz .
2. Then open the router's GUI. Check the Attached Devices and see where the device is connected
3. Make sure that the client/device is close to the satellite so that it would connect to it.
4. Do you have an AX client? It would be better to use that in this testing.

Regards,
Angel
NETGEAR Support

Instead I used a WiFi monitor to show the connection standing next to the router, midway, and next to the satellite. It clears shows the 5Ghz/router connection, then the 2.4Ghz/router connection, but standing 5 feet away from the satellite it only connects at 52.4Ghz.

I have send mutiple screenshots from multiple apps and they still keep playing games. It took them over 3 weeks to even acknowledge I had opened a BBB complaint.

I wonder if there are enough people for a class action suit?

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear not honoring their hardware warranty!!!!!

@NetworkGuy1490 wrote:

I have had an open case with L2 for almost 3 months about the frequest disconnects of the MR60 Mesh router.

Lengthy thread in the community does reflect this.

@NetworkGuy1490 wrote:

About two months ago, I used a WiFi monitor and saw there where only three access point. (The 5Ghz was missing from the satellite.)

Either they are able to remote diagnostic and fix (if a firmware/config issue), or this is a hardware issue on your Nightawk Mesh satallite.

This reads to me like 1st level support is totally overrun by the "complexity" of a simple consumer mesh system.

@arunkmony your business, your responsibility.

Message 2 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Netgear not honoring their hardware warranty!!!!!

Hi NetworkGuy1490 - I've responded to your private message.

Christian 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7