Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: New - MK6x series: MR60 / MS60 FW v1.1.6.122 Released

FURRYe38
Guru

I recommend that yout start either a new post or post in the forum for the FW you downgraded too since you mentioned that you did downgrade back to prior version of FW. Your post would not really be relevant to what is being discussed here. NG is already aware of the issue seen in this version of FW. If you have a support ticket open, it's recommended to keep in contact with NG support there. This maybe a Nighthawk app issue as well which you can post here in the NH App forum as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Issues seen in FW or in Apps will need to be addressed by NG and engineering to fix them as we can't do anymore more here in the forums to effect fixes. 

Good Luck. 

Message 76 of 79
R0fflez
Aspirant

Copy that sir. Did not mean to flood this post. But i hear you !

Message 77 of 79
Sirianand
Aspirant

Naairda, I am having the same issue. Do you mind sharing how you downgraded th FW? I am unable to reach the satellite to update it to the latest FW version. Thanks.

Message 78 of 79
Naairda
Aspirant

@Sirianand wrote:

Naairda, I am having the same issue. Do you mind sharing how you downgraded th FW? I am unable to reach the satellite to update it to the latest FW version. Thanks.

Dear @Sirianand, I trust you have consulted https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router? I am not a professional or very knowledgeable person. There are people out here that can help you much better than I do, so please take the following with a grain of salt:

I first located the IP address of the satellites (the local network address, not the wan). I think I am able to do this because I have all of my satellites hooked up to the wired LAN as well. Perhaps it is also possible to take the satellite closer to you and hook them up with a shorter network cable temporarily. I log in by simply typing the ip address in my web browser. You must know your password. If you have reset the satellite after upgrading, it is reset to the default password (WHICH MIGHT HAVE CHANGED because of the FW upgrade). In my case it  to user NETGEAR98 and password classycurtain972, rather than the NETGEAR97, which is written on the sticker... I found that quite strange and caused some delay initially.

After logging in you should see the Firmware Update tab. You simply upload the older FW and you should be alright. It is VERY likely your satellite will get a new IP address if it is still hooked up to your LAN. For some strange reason the MAC address changes between the two FW's.

Anyways, you will have to do this for all the satellites. The router works similarly, but don't be like me and have 'auto update' turned-on on the router. It will make you have to do the same thing all over again.

Hope this info helps you and does not lead you to fall ever deeper into this unfortunate pit.

Moderators are welcome to edit my post for stupidity/false info. I was simply trying to explain what I had done.

Message 79 of 79
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7