Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

New Nighthawk MK62 How do I set up with virgin?

Madmumatuk
Aspirant

New Nighthawk MK62 How do I set up with virgin?

Hi,

I'm not technically challenged but I'm also not an expert. I purchased the MK62 to help with connectivity on the top floor of my house. I use Virgin for my wifi - but it is cable only. I don't have a phone line and the nighthawk doesn't have an option to put the cable in. Have I got the wrong product? Do I need a converter? Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved!

Thanks

J

Message 1 of 5
knightz01
Apprentice

Re: New Nighthawk MK62 How do I set up with virgin?

@Madmumatuk 

You have not brought the wrong equipment you just need to put you Virgin hub into 'Modem only mode.

How to enable modem mode on the Hub 3 or Hub 4

Make sure you are connected to the Hub before following these steps!!!.

1) Enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your browser.(If your browser hangs just reboot your hub and try again)

2) The password is printed on the bottom of the Hub.

3) Select Modem Mode on the left hand side of the screen.

4) Select the option next to Enable Modem Mode.

5) Select Apply changes.

6) Once in Modem Mode, the IP address you use to access the Hub changes from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.100.1.

7) Remove your laptop etc from the hub.

😎 Connect your MR62 router to the hub via cable provided.

9) Follow the Installation guid at https://www.downloads.netgear.com//files/GDC/MK63/MK63_QSG_EN.pdf

Kev

Message 2 of 5
knightz01
Apprentice

Sorry about formating 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Madmumatuk
Aspirant

Thank you, this was very helpful. I'm just needed to turn the wifi on again to my virgin hub and can't sort it. My daughters pc needs to update windows and wireless divers to see the new connection.  I tried the link you suggested but it isn't working.  I did something different - I turned off each wireless band rather than enabled model only. Am I locked out of the virgin hub now?

Message 4 of 5
knightz01
Apprentice

@Madmumatuk 

You are not locked out of the hub you will need to access it by cable if you have turned off hub WiFi?, you will not be able to run both the hub and MR62 in router mode as you will get whats called double NAT addressing.

1) Follow instructions above to put the Hub into Modem only mode its the only way sorry.

2) Download the Netgear Nighthawk app from google/apple & install.

3) Open the nighthawk app and follow instructions.

Kev 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7