Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Night Hawk MK63 Kit Wi-FI dropping

Night Hawk MK63 Kit Wi-FI dropping

Does anyone experience constant wi-fi drop with Apple devices on MK63 kit (1-MR60, 2-MS60), with firmware version V1.0.4.96_2.0.41. Lots of disconnects with iPad 7th generation and iPhones all with the newest Apple IOS

Message 1 of 8
toddouellette
Aspirant

I have the same issue.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for confirming. I wanted to make sure it's not a defective unit. Although I changed the 5GHz frequency to 161, which is less congested I still get disconnects. I tried all 5GHz channels but I couldn't force the systems to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Netgear does not offer the option for two SSIDs, one for 2.4 and one for 5GHz. I couldn't test it but 2.4GHz seems to be more stable. Fortunately I bought this from Costco. I am going to see if Netgear can address the issue, otherwise I am returning the unit and try something else.

Message 3 of 8
Rezzor
Initiate

I had this same issue but resolved it by resetting all network setting on the Apple devices. It’s been a couple weeks and all is well.
Message 4 of 8

Thank you for the message. I tried it on iPhone 8 and it improved a bit but it happens again. I couldn't do that on MacBook Air. My first thought was the firmware so I updated it to V1.0.4.098, that was stable for a few weeks and it started dropping connections again. I am on firmware V1.0.5.102 which was just release, hopefully this will resolve the issue, if not, I will have to return it and try something else like Eero or Google Nest.  Hopefully you have better luck than me....

Message 5 of 8
jaycamcat
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

Message 6 of 8
Rezzor
Initiate

Yeah it came back for me too.
Message 7 of 8

New firmware available today V.1.0.6.102, download it and see if it helps.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7