Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

Re: Nighthawk M60 Mesh system died(?) Foolishly got a new one. Solid Red Light.

Nighthawk M60 Mesh system died(?) Foolishly got a new one. Solid Red Light.

I have had the Nighthawk AX1800 MK62 WiFi Mesh system with 2 satellites for a year or two (who remembers). I've had endless problems with them due to the dual bands, and the need for 2.4 for many household smart switches. But that's not what this is about. It just laid the annoying groundwork.

The router stopped working,  and began flashing white spontaneously yesterday. After many attempts to reset it, my conclusion was that it just quit working. So, what to do, replace with something different, or replace with the same thing, and keep the extra satellite boxes? Seemed like a great solution, so I got a new, identical system with ONE new satellite.

And that's what I've got now. It's working. But nothing I try, nothing I do, even going into attempts to upload firmware will make the satellite boxes work. No, they go to solid red after every attempt at anything. So, I guess I have to believe that both satellites and the router all spontaneously burned out?

I'm highly irked. I probably made a mistake rebuying the same system. And man, the troubleshooting here can be just clear as mud. Buyer beware!

James Greenlee, Reynoldsburg, OH

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

doubtful they burned out. 

There's been some issues with firmware between units and not syncing. 

What firmware is on the satellites? 

What version is on your current router? 

Have you tried hardwiring the satellites into the router and then going through the sync/firmware update process? 

(you might even be able to recover the old router if you give us details on what happened with it)

Message 2 of 5

I wasn't updating firmware. Unless it self-updates, it had what came with it. It spontaneously stopped working, and flashed a white light on Sunday afternoon. Easter, naturally, every store closed.

I bought the new one yesterday, plugged it in, works, it's fine and so is the single satellite. But the two other satellites cannot be "seen," even with a reset. The light solid red.

Nothing "happened," and nothing was being done other than usual internet usage. I've had the units--I believe--for about 14 months.

I did go through the process you describe, though it's about 3 steps past the level of techie business that I'm used to. It failed on each try. Thank yo.

Message 3 of 5

I do have a question: how on earth would I know what firmware is on the satellites? I ask bemusedly, because they are presently nonfunctional. And this process we're doing right now? Is part of the reason I'm so unhappy with this product. Nobody should have to know all of this stuff for it to work. And I've been a "pc guru" to my friends and family since the Windows 3.0! 🙂

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

If you factory reset the satellites, their default ip address should be 192.168.1.250. You can hardwire a pc/laptop into them and check their firmware and upgrade it that router as well

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7